RE: [ANN] Creating Excel-callable DLLs with GCC - fails!

I tried to compile these DLLs on my Win95 machine.  I downloaded and
installed egcs-1.1.2 just before I compiled them. I used the command "$
make". I placed the DLLs in my c:\windows\system directory.  They both fail
to work in my Excel 97 SR-1.  The compilation gives me a warning about "no
export definition file...".  The output during compilation of f77dll.dll is
below. Is this warning message expected? Anyone else have a problem?

dllwrap --export-all --output-def f77dll.def --driver-name g77 -o f77dll.dll
    f77dll.o  -s --entry __cygwin_noncygwin_dll_entry@12
Warning:  no export definition file provided
dllwrap will create one, but may not be what you want

Thanks to Richard Stanton for his help.