This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
Re: B20: mv deletes files on error (NT)
- To: Chris Faylor <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: B20: mv deletes files on error (NT)
- From: Anders Norlander <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 18:22:55 +0200
- CC: David Dagon <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <36FD516F.45299E3E@mindspring.com> <19990329005659.A2473@cygnus.com>
Chris Faylor wrote:
> I'm not 100% certain (and I can't check right now) but I think that
> this should not be a problem in recent snapshots. A net contributor
> supplied a patch to make "inode" generation case-insensitive. That
> should make mv capable of detecting this problem and disallowing it.
Wasn't this a problem on samba drives? Maybe that is the issue in
this case. What do you mean by "detecting this problem and disallowing
`mv foo Foo' is a perfectly legal command, case-sensitive file-system or
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com