This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
Re: libc and crt support...
- To: "Rick Rankin" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Greg Miller" <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: libc and crt support...
- From: "Brian Macy" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:52:40 -0800
- References: <NCBBLBLBNJPLCPKCBIIIAEKOCCAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > > vsnprintf would be a very useful function to have in newlib, but it
> > > doesn't exist there; however, vsprintf/vfprintf/etc do exist and you
> > > should be able to use those instead. Or, get a free version off the
> > > and add it to your port library.
> > For that matter, why would you even need such a function? Give me a
> > string stream any day.
> It sounds like the original poster is porting existing code. If v*printf
> used a lot in the code he's, he may not want or have the time to rewrite
Kind of... it's actually just a very useful open source class library that
I'm trying to help make as cross platform as possible. So far CygWin is the
only platform that it looks like may be very difficult to support (MSC, egcs
on Linux x86/Alpha, Borland, Watcom are all reasonably doable) without
having to work around a lot of issues.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com