Account management

can anybody help me out with information on how accounts are managed in
NT ? I'm searching for equivalents of the Unix passwd functions, like

Do documents exist on the web which describe the concepts behind this ?
(I've already searched the MS site, but I wasn't very successful).

MDlink online service center