This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
Re: Cygwin + Borland Libs ? Cygwin + X2C ?
- To: Kehl Hubertus <Hubertus.Kehl@icn.siemens.de>
- Subject: Re: Cygwin + Borland Libs ? Cygwin + X2C ?
- From: Mumit Khan <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 11:51:02 -0600 (CST)
- cc: "'firstname.lastname@example.org'" <email@example.com>
On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Kehl Hubertus wrote:
> 1. Is it possible to link Borland C++ (3.1 or 4.5) objects or libraries with
> Cygwin, or
> is there any way to convert them to the cygwin object file format ?
Borland uses OMF and Cygwin uses PE-COFF, so unless you can convert OMF to
COFF, there's not a chance (didn't borland supply a tool for this?). Even
if you could convert the format, the references to runtime within these
objects will be wrong and it just won't work correctly. However, if the
Borland object files were compiled statically, it may work.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org