RE: does bash provide scrolling ?

Assuming that's what Jan is looking for (and I believe it is too), 9x doesn't
have this very useful capability in command.com.  Anyone who is interested
can check out the discussion in the archives on this very subject
from a week or two back.  The short version is either get some
commercial Win32 replacement for command.com (4DOS or another product I
don't recall the name of) or work with rxvt (with or without X11).

Larry Hall                             lhall@rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc.                     (781) 239-1053
8 Grove Street                         (781) 239-1655
Wellesley, MA, 02482-7797              http://www.rfk.com