Re: Why does gcc -O2 fail on B20.1 and NT? (More info)

Ed Park <edpark@pangea.ca> writes:
> Sorry, I should have attached more info (thanks to Phil for the tip)
>
> config.log:

[ .... ]
> configure:1061: checking for gcc
> configure:1174: checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O2 -g ) works
> configure:1190: gcc -o conftest -O2 -g   conftest.c -lcygipc 1>&5
> /cygnus/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/i586-cygwin32/bin/ld: cannot open -lcygipc: No
> such file or directory

There's your problem right there. The configure script expects the
Cygwin IPC library, which you don't have (or at least gcc is not
finding it).

btw, the configure script is done correctly. One should never add
non-standard/system libraries when checking for the compiler; rather
one should check for required libraries *afterwards* and hence
provide more intelligible error message when a library required by
the software is not found.

Here's the URL for IPC by Ludovic LANGE (llange@capgemini.fr):
  http://www.multione.capgemini.fr/tools/pack_ipc/

A mailing list search will pull up the same info as well.

Regards,
Mumit