Re: Command history problem?

--- Dan Herron <herron@informatik.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:
--8<--
> But, if I make the mistake of hitting the up-arrow key _while a command
> is executing_, when the command finishes, the system thrashes the hard
> drive for about 20 seconds to a minute, before finally dumping some
> control characters on the prompt line. Only then do I get my system back.
> (And I have, of course, tried to hit Control-C, etc, which probably only
> makes things worse in this case.)
>
> Does anybody know what causes this? It's terribly frustrating, since I'm
> the type who executes command A, then command B, then command C, then A
> again..., and so I frequently have to sit there as my computer turns
> temporarily into an expensive paper-weight.
--8<--

What version of cygwin are you using?  I've noticed this event also but only
when bringing a window into focus and hitting the up-arrow before the system
has completed the focus instrutctions.  I'm using stock b20.1.

What I do to speed up the exit of this is to hit a series of ^C^Z^C.
===
"Earnie Boyd" <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>
CYGWIN RELATED HELP:
 DOCUMENTATION: <http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/docs.html>