Re: putenv does not put env into win32?

I have no opinion on the subject of dlopen vs.  LoadLibrary.  AFAIK,
LoadLibrary works as well as dlopen.

As far as getenv/putenv, the only reason I can see to use the Windows
version is if you are not using a cygwin procedure (exec, spawn) to
start a subprocess.  These functions propagate environment variables
to the subprocess.

cgf