RE: bash sees all lines as 80 chars long

--- "Stewart, Wayne" <wayne.stewart@sonosite.com> wrote:

> > >Execute 'stty size' again - it reflects
> > >the change.
> > >

> > Make Windows send bash a SIGWINCH when the size changes.
> > Good luck :-)
> >

> As above, after resizing the window and executing
> 'stty size', I see the new window size in the
> output of 'stty' which is a cygwin program, so the
> new window's line length is available to cygwin.
>
> So, if the only issue is bash being *automatically*
> notified of the window resize event - I'd be happy
> with some manual process to tell bash of the new
> line length, e.g., 'export COLUMNS=110' or something
> similar.
>
> So does this mean that currently there is not even
> a manual process to reset line length?
> Is 80 chars for shell lines hard-coded in the
> cygwin port?

Hmm.  I don't see any problems with adjusting the size of the bash window on NT
4 sp3.  I just change the size of the window and voila all columns are being
used.  What are you executing that is giving you problems with column sizes?
How do you have the CYGWIN variable set?

===
"Earnie Boyd" <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>
CYGWIN RELATED HELP:
 DOCUMENTATION: <http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/docs.html>