Re: question (latest "stable" dll?) + bugs: vim, bash, gcc, cp, find, less, zip, ls

Since no one has yet suggested a "stable" release of cygwin1.dll after 1/16,
I tried the 5/23 release (it was the earliest one I could find after the
3/28 date mentioned below).  It seems to be relatively stable so far (i.e.
I've used it for several minutes so far!).  I did have to twiddle the
registry settings for mounts (not unexpected, after the comment about mounts
below).

1) It fixed the "find is broken across mounts" and "running a program using
a relative path" problems I mentioned yesterday.

2) It does not however seem to fix the "cd /; cd relativepath/dir" problem
(apparently going out to the LAN).  Note that cd does eventually work -- it
just hangs for several seconds before figuring things out.

=> Additional information: it doesn't hang when CDPATH is unset.  It does
hang when CDPATH=.

3) It "semi-fixed" the vim/TERM=linux bug I reported yesterday.  Now, if I
hit backspace several times, vim still locks up, but a cntl-c gets vim's
attention so that the editing session can be resumed.  This is still bad
enough that I consider vim/TERM=linux unusable, but it's an improvement!

-- John Wiersba (john.wiersba@medstat.com)