make 3.76 has path problems? (was Another clue into my problem with make...)

With this makefile:

	default:
		@path
		@echo PATH: $(PATH)

NT E:\static\olf>make-3.76
PATH=c:\enscript; ...
PATH: c:\enscript; ...

NT E:\static\olf>make-3.75.exe
make-3.75.exe
PATH=c:\enscript; ...
PATH: /enscript: ...

NT E:\static\olf>make-3.75.exe --win32
PATH=c:\enscript; ...
PATH: /enscript: ...

make v3.76 is not always doing the 'right thing' with paths ?
Which leads me to think that it is possibly responsible for
knocking out my path during the complicated builds.

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Any cygwin application changes the path from MS-DOS format to UNIX
> format automatically, so this is not surprising.

Again, the symptoms we experienced here happened without a
recognizable pattern. Sometimes no problems, sometimes
path = (null), sometimes path = unix-style-path.
If unix-style-path is the right thing, then make 3.76
just isn't doing that, as shown with the very simple
makefile example above..

Remarkable and indescribable thanks to you guys for helping me
out. I never, ever, would have solved this problem on my own.

Robert Bresner          rbresner@olf.com
Open Link Financial    516-227-6600 x216
http://www.olf.com/    fax: 516-227-1799