This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Upper case filenames
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Upper case filenames
- From: Joshua Rosen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 11:39:15 -0400
- Organization: GEEKS
- References: <3781FAF7.69A2C181@usq.edu.au>
Ron House wrote:
Actually, doesn't DOS write and present file-names as uppercase?
Wouldn't that make the Linux module's file-name-mapping `incorrect',
and Cygwin's `correct'?
Could you give some more detail on why just using lowercase
file-names in the makefile is problematic? Linux sees them as lowercase, and
Cygwin is case-insensitive, so I'd think that everything would be alright.
Are you having problems with detecting things through file-names?
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com