This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mv does not overwrite destination file
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: mv does not overwrite destination file
- From: DJ Delorie <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 22:24:15 -0400 (EDT)
- CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
> However, when I try to move a file 'src' to existing file 'dest' and the
> two files are on different drives, the move fails:
Good! It fails on Unix also (unless mv is smart and does a copy
instead), if the files are on different filesystems. However, the
error is supposed to be EXDEV. That's probably confusing gnu mv,
which is probably one of the smart ones.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com