This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: RCS and Samba
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: RCS and Samba
- From: Alexander Mader <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:51:15 +0200
- Organization: KAPP GmbH & Co KG
- References: <199907140830.SAA27227@debroglie>
Dan Glastonbury wrote:
> Has anyone run rcs built under cygwin on files accessed through a SAMBA mou
> nted unix directory?
> I can't checkout.
last week I built rcs with cygwin and work successfully on samba mounted
To built I had to fiddle with the src/conf.sh in order to avoid some
problems during the make. I know that this is neither correct nor
elegant, but it works, anyway. In order to do this I just let it run
onto the config error and then deleted the according test in
src/conf.sh. There where two items not working:
- permissions test; so I commented out this test from line reading:
$ech >&3 "$0: testing permissions $dots"
- memory stuff; so I deleted from line:
$ech >&3 "$0: configuring has_map_fd, has_mmap, has_madvise,
echo "$a#define mmap_signal $mmap_signal $z/* signal received if you
reference nonexistent part of mmapped file */"
Please, let me remind you that I did not "the right thing" by building
this way, but it works -- with:
- samba-2.0.3 on HPUX-10.20
- NT4.00.1381 (SP3)
Alexander Mader <email@example.com>
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- RCS and Samba
- From: Dan Glastonbury <Dan.Glastonbury@adelaide.maptek.com.au>