This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Can't build GDB 4.18 under Cygnus 2.0.1
- To: Roger Cruz <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Can't build GDB 4.18 under Cygnus 2.0.1
- From: Brendan Simon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 12:08:14 +1000
- CC: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: CTAM Pty Ltd
- References: <378DF57E.3D26CA78@ignitus.com> <378E4F06.2942CB1C@ignitus.com> <378E8479.8154C6E5@ignitus.com>
- Reply-To: email@example.com
Roger Cruz wrote:
> I think I have narrowed down the problem of building GDB 4.18 with CygWin 20.1. It
> appears to be that the maximum command line has been exceeded. The line as shown
> below has 615 characters. If I start removing directory names, it works fine when
> the number is brought down to 412. Is there any way that I can get around this
> problem? Does CygWin allow you to control the maximum line length?
> Any ideas are welcome. I'm anxious to get this building on a PC so I can work from
What are you using for your shell (bash, command.com or cmd.exe) ?
If you are not using bash, then I advise you to try it. If you don't want a unix type
shell then you will have to try another alternative to the M$ shells.
If you are using bash, then I don't know what your alternatives are. It might be a
limitiation in the executables that are being invoked ?
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org