This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
B20.1 -- bash issue (maybe bash, maybe something else)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: B20.1 -- bash issue (maybe bash, maybe something else)
- From: Davy Durham <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 02:38:34 -0500
If I type (at the prompt):
echo qwer asdf zxcv | read a b c
shouldn't I get "qwer" from $a?
Well, it's not setting $a to "qwer" .. Perhaps this is because read is
executed as another process and when read exits, its environment space
is discarded (discarding the value of $a that I needed)..... I don't
think this is the desired behavior.. I can do it in ksh on solaris, and
it does what I expect... in cygwin-bash I'm not getting what I
expect..... Please explain...
Please email me as I am not a member of the mailing list:
David W. Durham
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webpage: http://www2.netdoor.com/~ddurham
- ReZound: http://www2.netdoor.com/~ddurham/ReZound
- MIDISamplePlayer: http://www2.netdoor.com/~ddurham/MIDISamplePlayer
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com