This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin sources: How to extract the *.bz2 files under win95?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Cygwin sources: How to extract the *.bz2 files under win95?
- From: email@example.com (Johannes Eble)
- Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 18:46:31 +0200
- Organization: Eble Uebersetzungen
- Reply-To: Johannes Eble <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I want to compile the cygnus sources for win95. The problem is that
I tried everything to extract the 2 files (user-src.tar.bz2 and
dev-src.tar.bz2) without success:
First I found a binary of bzip2 for dos, maybe this works, maybe not,
but not for Win32, that is, not for long file names. When I decompress
the two files with my bzip2.exe, I must rename it to a 8+3 name. Then
after a longer decompression time (I assume) without any message the
program prints out an error message and deletes the file created so
far. Furthermore, I tried to compile a program to fix a corrupted
*.bz2 file which finally worked. But this file extracted the blocks in
the big file erronously. Now, I think it's time to ask a question. Is
there a clean way (under win95) to extract the files?
Thanks in advance
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com