This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: PurifyNT 6.0.1 with complex Cygnus Cygwin build environment and NT Performance Registry data access
- To: Craig Wyllie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: PurifyNT 6.0.1 with complex Cygnus Cygwin build environment and NT Performance Registry data access
- From: Mumit Khan <email@example.com.EDU>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 18:14:13 -0500
- cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Wyllie <email@example.com> writes:
> We are currently using Cygnus' Gnupro Toolkit to build an NT port of a
> Sun Solaris application, which will access the NT performance registry.
> We are unable to complete Purification of the resultant executables,
> the purified application exits without any warning or error messages
> after an extended period at 100% cpu.
Since Rational claims that it only works with Visual C++ 5.0 and 6.0,
I'm not surprised that it doesn't work with Cygwin. Purify is a very
intrusive tool (OCI and all that), and needs quite a bit of knowledge
of runtime libs, and especially the memory manager used which for
Cygwin is dramatically different from MSVC's.
Perhaps speak with your customer rep at Rational?
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org