This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Resolved: Cygwin B20/Win95: ssh/scp: "no controlling tty"
- To: Sergey Okhapkin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Resolved: Cygwin B20/Win95: ssh/scp: "no controlling tty"
- From: Tres Hofmeister <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 14:14:15 -0600
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
On 1999.07.27, Sergey Okhapkin wrote:
: Tres Hofmeister wrote:
: > bash$ export CYGWIN=tty
: > ...but I get the following error:
: > You have no controlling tty and no DISPLAY. Cannot read passphrase.
: Set CYGWIN to "tty" _before_ running bash.
Ah! That led to an "out of environment space" error on startup,
but that was fixed by adding the following to C:\CONFIG.SYS, per the
shell=C:\command.com /e:4096 /p
Woohoo! There are a few setsockopt(2) errors here and there,
but things seem to work. Thanks very much!
Tres Hofmeister <firstname.lastname@example.org> http://www.rap.ucar.edu/staff/tres/
Research Applications Program National Center for Atmospheric Research
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com