This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Returning modified code to the Cygwin Community
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: Returning modified code to the Cygwin Community
- From: "Robert O. Morris" <Robert.O.Morris@jpl.nasa.gov>
- Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 16:15:40 -0700
- Cc: "Robert Morris" <Robert.O.Morris@jpl.nasa.gov>, "Distributed Oceanographic Data Server" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I recently ported a rather large project to Cygwin and I
had to modify a couple of Cygwin-related projects to get
things to work for me.
I thought that if I sent email to the group, this would
start the process of getting some of this back into Cygwin -
and make our lives easier here (JPL and the DODS Group) and
elsewhere in the long run by having this (possibly) incorporated
back into the original distributions for this stuff.
. . . in the spirit of the open source movement . . . sharing . . .
These include the following for Cygwin 20.1B:
1) RPC Library for Cygwin 20.1B, starting with Corinna's stuff mentioned
on the Cygwin Home Page.
source : http://dods.jpl.nasa.gov/WinPort/binaries/rpc-4.0.src.tar.gz
Description: Rather extensive modification (mostly) to allow them to
to compile and link from either C or C++. Things needed
reorganized quite a bit. I'm not sure how much of this
got exercised in our port project - but whatever did,
2) Hdf4.1r2 for Cygwin 20.1B
Source : http://dods.jpl.nasa.gov/WinPort/binaries/hdf.src.tar.gz
I simply got the source code and applied a patch from a guy at Goddard
that (at some point) had made it for B19. I can't remember making any
other mods to this except general clean-up. It was originally from
3) IPC Library and tools for Cygwin 20.1B.
originally came from http://www.multione.capgemini.fr/tools/pack_ipc/
and (if memory serves) mods were just general clean-up.
I'd like to see some of this moved out of dods.jpl.nasa.gov and put under
control elsewhere if possible.
Someone in the know . . . . please advise.
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com