Re: Seg fault in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()

_size_of_stack_reserve__()

(It is actually in the 'A'bsolute .section, and is the
Size you want windows to reserve for your stack-)

Is the Highest addressed symbol in your program it just means
that the program is dying in a system .dll that doesn't have any
symbols.

you need to compile and link with -gcoff == /ZI
link the program with ld.exe

gdb yourprog.exe
b main  /* or WinMain */
run /* to get the dll symbols to load */
b    /* at the function you are trying to call in the .dll */
s   /* until you get to the call into the system .dll that's having
   the problem */
  figure out what went wrong.-)

Otherwise use Visual Stupidio if you can't link with ld.

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:01:49 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>This is the latest chapter in my struggle with Windows
>DLLs.
>
>I combined the advice of Mumit Khan (use dllwrap) with
>that of Paul Sokolovsky (link your static libraries
>into one DLL), with the result that I can finally
>build a DLL.  My thanks to both of you.
>
>My DLL consists of two files, static link library

No, this is a stub library, or implib

>libntonly.a and "DLL proper" ntonly.dll.
>
>BTW, I had to put ntonly.dll in the directory that
>holds my executables.  I couldn't get either -rpath or
>LD_RUN_PATH to work.  But never mind.  That's minor.

windows searches %path% and a few other places. use

path %path%;path\to\dll\dir or PATH=$PATH:path/to/dll/dir depending on your shell