Re: How do I list subdirectories?

---  Clark Sims  <clarksimsgnu@my-Deja.com> wrote:
>  In the FSF version of bash
> ls -F | egrep *\/
> listed all of the subdirectories of the current working
> directory.
> In the Cygwin version the same command produces no
> output.
>
> How do I list the subdirectories of the current working
> directory?

Doesn't the egrep need to be `egrep .*\/'?  The period indicates any character,
the * indicates any number of the preceding character.  Therefore to match what
you want you need to specify .* to mean any number of any character.

===
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)