RE: Fvwm2 and Cygwin

> I just installed the binary version of X11R6.4 from Arlindo da Silvas
> webpage.
> "Normal" X-clients worked fine from the beginning, but I didn't manage
> to start
> a window manager (mwm or fvwm2). They all say said something like:
>
> mwm: Error: Another WM is running

The error says it all.  You are booting multiple mwm and they are running
in the background.  You need mwm startup files... check MOTIF help Guide
books at web somewhere.

> Yes, they are right, I am running Windows 98, but is there a possibility
> to use
> one of them instead/beside Windows?

There is no connection between mwm and Windows. mwm stands for Motif Windows
Manager and has nothing to do with M$ Windoz.

> I didn't find anything in the archives and in the faq, but maybe someone
> knows in
> this mailing list.

Do a search for MOTIF help on Internet.