g77 link problems

Greetings-

I've just installed cygwin Beta 20.1, and added in the gcc-2.95 release from
Mumit.  As a simple test of the install, I threw together two trivial source
files...one in C, and the other in Fortran.  The C file works fine; however,
the Fortran (what I'm really interested in) gives a mass of linker errors:
undefined reference to `_imp___ctype_'.  Yes, I'm using the g77 front-end.

I've seen nothing in the FAQ, or in previous posts about needing to modify
the default library switches; so, I assume I have some problem from the
install.  Any ideas?

BTW, the same test file works fine with a 'stock' binary install of MinGW32.

Thanks,
Dan