Re: Won't compile the simplest of progs.

--- Daniel Harry Hawson <u7dhh@dcs.shef.ac.uk> wrote:
> I have a 'Progs' folder in my 'cygwin-b20' folder.
> In 'Progs', I tried to compile a C++ file called 'Keypress.cpp'.
>
> >   BASH.EXE-2.02$ gcc -o Progs/key.exe Progs/keypress.cpp
> >   Progs/keypress.cpp:1: conio.h: No such file or directory
> >   BASH.EXE-2.02$
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Here is the contents of 'Keypress.cpp' -
>
> >  #include <conio.h>
> >  #include <iostream.h>
> >
> >  int main(void)
> >  {
> >    int c;
> >    c = getch();
> >    while (c != 27)	//27 = esc
> >    {
> >  	cout<<"pressed :"<<c<<'\n';
> >  	c = getch();
> >    }
> >    return 0;
> >  }
>
> Will CygWin work with C++ or just C code?
> How can I get this to work?

This will most likely work with the Mingw32 package which you can download from
Mumit Khan's site.  His URL is listed at my site.

===
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)