Loadable modules

Hi,

I have written simple program that imports functions from external
modules (using dlopen() and dlsyms()). Also I have written simple module
with one function inside that does nothing but printing "It worked".
Now, I don't now how to compile/link/whatever the module, so that it
could be loaded into the program.

gcc -o test.exe test.c
gcc -c -o mod.o mod.c
and then what...???

Executing 'ld -o mod.so mod.o' doesn't work (there is an error because
of undefinied reference to printf()).

program.c:

 ptr = dlopen ("mod.so", 1);
 test = (func) dlsym (ptr, "mod_exec");