[ANN] perl5.005_61 update and RFQ

perl5.005_61 for cygwin is available as an pre-compiled binary package,
as a tarball of patched sourcecode, or just-the-patch-ma'am, from
http://cygutils.netpedia.net/.

This is a minor update since the last _61 version. The only real change
is that perl.exe and all .dll's are built stripped. This includes
downloadable modules *and any modules you build in the future using this
perl*.

This seems to work well, with no (additional) test failures when
compared to the previous unstripped version. However, if anybody more
knowledgeable says stripping perl is a silly thing to do (especially
since it is common for endusers to build additional modules as dll's)
then please let me know.

--Chuck Wilson

**********************************
From the web page:

Latest version is 5 Oct 99 (-991005)

Changes since previous version 6 Sep 99 (-990906)

     Thanks to suggestions from Sebastien Barre, hints/cygwin.sh updated
so that executables and dll's are built stripped. This behavior will
propagate to any modules that are built using this perl. It seems to
work well, and the modules/executables are much smaller; however, if
anyone screams loudly that this is a bad idea, please let me know and I
will revert.

     Since this change affects how modules are built, I have rebuilt all
of the downloadable modules. However, the old modules should work fine
with the new perl, and vice versa.