RE: B20.1: CR-LF translation not always handled properly

--- Jon Leichter <jon@symas.com> wrote:
> No offense has been taken... tone is often hard to interpret in email.
>
> I will try your suggestions and get back to you.
>
> I'm using B20.1, and "uname -a" confirms that:
>
> $ uname -a
> CYGWIN_NT-4.0 BASS 20.1 (0.3/1/1) 1998-12-3 20:39:18 i686 unknown
                                    ^^^^^^^^^
Ah Ha!! Stock b20.1.  Have you read my pages yet?  You need at least to
update to the January 15th snapshot of the cygwin1.dll to even begin to resolve
your problem.  There are some definite problems with regard to file mode
processing with the stock version of the dll.

> I totally appreciate your help. I wish I posted to the mailing list earlier.

-8<-

You're welcome and yes you should have posted sooner, why go it alone when
you don't have to.  BTW, you might as well get one of the latest snapshots as
you'll enjoy the improvements.  The normal caveats go for upgrading software.

=====
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)