getopts problem

Hi, I've recently been developing a shell script using B19
of CYGWIN. I hit a problem with awk and so upgraded to B20.
This fixed the awk problem. However I now find that unless
the 1st line of the shell script has the #!path_to_bash/bash
included, bash errors with "getopts not found".

This is inconvenient as it restricts portability of the
shell script.

I'm running under NT4. The problem is easy to produce, just
create a one line script with:

   getopts  abc:

Run the file and get the error. Then add the #!.. line and
bingo!

Thanks for taking time to read this.

PS Cygwin is pretty cool.

Regards,

Clive.

 Clive   Bostock                    Oracle Corporation(UK) Ltd.
 Senior  Support Consultant         Premium Support Group
 E-mail: cbostock@uk.oracle.com     The Ring
 Phone:  01344 - 787464             Bracknell
 Mobile: 0385 908328                RG12 1BW