Re: what directory to untar snapshot into?

--- James Ganong <jeg@bigseal.ucsc.edu> wrote:

> i am curious about a couple of things:
>
> are the snapshots relative to v1 or b20.1 or what?

I'm assuming you're talking about directory structure here.  The last I looked
it was more relative to b20.1.  Although, the version number from uname -a will
show b21.

> what directory should you be in when you untar them?
> i am guessing the answer is /usr, and then fix you PATH
> to list /usr/bin before /bin.

Extract the modules in a /depot directory and move the pieces.

> i am trying to install opendx, and i have the impression that the
> most stable way to do this is with B20.1 and the october 10 snapshot
> (i remember reading this somewhere..)

Don't know.

> thanks

You're welcome.