RE: How do I UNMOUNT '/' mount point?

I also had to umount / to remount it in binary mode once, to fix an odd
behavior with RCS. All I had to do was

umount /
[path-to-mount.exe]/mount -b c: /

(note that, after umounting /, you have to use the path to mount.exe so that
it can be found)

cygwin complained about '/' not existing when I tried the remount, but it
_did_ mount the drive as supposed. So, you should be able to umount / but,
as for mounting it with another name, you'll probably have to fix the PATH
environment variable so that the binaries can be found. Anyways, you'll
probably need /bin, /tmp, /usr and /etc directories (I'm not sure, though --
any words from the gurus? ;) ).

HTH,

Regards,

--