having trouble mounting Win32 drives to Cygwin paths

I just installed Cygwin 1.0 from the CD and I'm having trouble mounting
Win32 drives to
Cygwin paths.

Following the "How can I access other drives?" topic in the faq, I do
this:

        bash-2.03$ mkdir /c
        bash-2.03$ mount c:/ /c
        bash-2.03$ ls /c
        bash-2.03$

Notice my ls command didn't show me what is in c:\ and I don't know why!

However, if I do the faq's "special means of accessing other drive
letters"
syntax, I get this, which is what I feel I should have gotten with `ls
/c' above:

        bash-2.03$ ls //c/
        AUTOEXEC.BAT   CONFIG.SYS     Logo_.sys      RECYCLED
ffastun.ffo
        BOOTLOG.PRV    DBLSPACE.INI   MAB            SCANDISK.LOG
ffastun0.ffx
        BOOTLOG.TXT    DELL           MSDOS.SYS      Utilitys
logo.sys
        Batch          Dos            Mew71          WINDOWS
winzip.log
        CDROM          IO.SYS         PREALG         ffastun.ffa
        COMMAND.COM    Junk           Program Files  ffastun.ffl
        bash-2.03$

Here's my mount table before I do the mount:
        Device           Directory           Type        Flags
        \\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      text!=binary
        \\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      text!=binary
        \\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      text!=binary
        \\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      text!=binary
        C:               /                   native      text!=binary

Here's my mount table after I do the mount:
        Device           Directory           Type        Flags
        \\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      text!=binary
        \\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      text!=binary
        \\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      text!=binary
        \\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      text!=binary
        c:               /c                  native      text!=binary
        C:               /                   native      text!=binary

Can anyone shed some light on why this isn't working for me?

Scott A. Sumner ( sasumner@bigfoot.com )
--You may reply to this message and I will likely receive it.
--If you are going to put me in your address book,
--please use sasumner@bigfoot.com.