Re: Aliase

Hi,

I'm going to make the perhaps rash assumption that you are
asking about aliases with respect to the Bash Shell

> Hi,
> How do I create a file to store aliases?

A text editor such as vi (vim) or emacs will work fine.
If you don't already have it, vim for Cygwin can be found at:
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Hirmke_Michael/B20

> Where would it go? To etc in the root directory or in /usr?
> Can I import aliases from a text file?
> What the proper name for this file would be?
> .alises or aliases?

The bash manual is an excellent place to learn about using bash.
If you don't already have it, it's widely available on the Web... try:
http://www.gnu.org/manual/bash/

Look for references to /etc/profile, ~/.bash_profile, ~/.bash_login,
~/.profile and ~/.bashrc.  You can 'import', or for that matter execute
any list of bash commands in the current shell with the '.' command.

> grg

Regards,
Doug Wyatt