This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: b20.2 Problem accessing scsi tape drive on WIndows NT SP5.
- To: Paul Stearns <pauls at compuace dot com>
- Subject: Re: b20.2 Problem accessing scsi tape drive on WIndows NT SP5.
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna at vinschen dot de>
- Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 18:13:57 +0100
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <389DA184.280B628B@compuace.com>
Paul Stearns wrote:
> I have installed full.exe. The files in the bin directory are data\ed
> 12/01/98. I have been unable to access an Archive Python 2550-XXX 4mm
> DAT drive.
This isn't able with b20.1
You will have to
- take my special version of b20.1:
- buy the CD release V1.0 of cygwin or
- use one of the developer snapshots since February 1999.
Anyway, as you already tried, you'll have to mount the tape:
mount -s -f -b //./tape0 /dev/st0
If you wants to use the tape as norewind device you have to do an
mount -s -f -b //./tape0 /dev/nst0
In my directory on ftp.franken.de you will find also special versions
of gnu-tar and gnu-cpio which set the block size of the tape via ioctl
call to the blocksize used by the tool itself. Moreover you will find
a self written mt(1) command which is really useful when using tapes.
Hope, this helps,
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com