This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setting icon for executable
- To: Kyle Downey <kyle dot downey at amberarcher dot com>
- Subject: Re: setting icon for executable
- From: "Charles S. Wilson" <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 18:12:53 -0500
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The easiest way is to learn by example. Go to http://cygutils.netpedia.net/ and
download "run.tar.gz". It's a very simple program with makefiles for MSVC and gcc,
and uses resource files/icons.
Kyle Downey wrote:
> I'd like to build some simple EXE's for Windows with gcc/cygwin (for an
> installer builder). Because these EXE's will be generated from templates, I'd
> like a simple way to associate ICO files with them so they show up in Explorer
> with the icon. I'm from the UNIX world. How is this done programmatically? I
> assume windres is involved somehow, but what's the API side? Anything special
> needed because it's gcc rather than VC++? Could anyone point me to a simple
> example? Thanks.
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to email@example.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org