Re: B20: serial ports status?

On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 11:00:26AM +0100, Rene.Affourtit@pemstar.nl wrote:
>In november 1998 there was a question regarding "gdb serial
>cross-debugging" (
>http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/1998-11/msg00297.html )
>
>1:  Has anyone succesfully talked to the arm-Angel using a serial line and
>using b20? If so what version of gdb /angel did you use?

Serial I/O in b20 is broken.

>2: Have these problems been solved  in any of the snapshots? if so which
>one?

There is apparently a problem with an interaction between the arm-Angel
and cygwin.  It is strange in that no other targets are reported to be
affected.  This is true of recent snapshots, also.

Sorry.  I would like to have someone debug and fix this problem but the
current state is that there is no fix.  Well... actually someone here
did create a DLL that seemed to work around the problem but I don't think
that it actually solved anything.  They just compiled the cygwin select.cc
file with -g rather than with "-O2 -g".

Christopher Faylor
Cygwin Engineering Manager
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company