Re: Mingwin does not seem to know where its headers live.

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Mumit Khan wrote:

> Mo DeJong <mdejong@cygnus.com> writes:
> > I am trying to compile this code.
> >
> > BASH.EXE-2.03$ cat WIN32.C
> > #include <string.h>
> > #include <direct.h>
> >
> > int main(int argc, char ** argv) {
> >     strcpy(NULL,NULL);
> >     mkdir(NULL);
> >     return 0;
> > }
> >

> > When I build with mingwin, it bails out
> > saying it can not find direct.h.
> >
> > BASH.EXE-2.03$ gcc -mno-cygwin -c WIN32.C
> > WIN32.C:2: direct.h: No such file or directory

I was using a pre release of the new "net release" of cygwin.
The strange thing is, I have also seen this problem in the
B.20 release on 95 and an internal cygwin-991019 release that
I had installed on a NT box.

> Sorry, but this report provides me with no information that
> may help tracking down the problem.
>
> You need to tell us what version of gcc, and provide some information
> on what version Cygwin, and if you're using a Cygwin snapshot vs one
> of the released versions, and so on. At the very least, look at the
> output of:

I will be sure to run this when I get home tonight. I have the
net release installed on my laptop at home.

>   BASH.EXE-2.03$ gcc -v -mno-cygwin -c WIN32.C
>
> -mno-cygwin uses some internal magic to find the path to the Mingw
> includes, and obviously it's failing here. Hopefully the -v option
> will point us in the right direction.
>
> Regards,
> Mumit

Mo Dejong