This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Scripting FTP transactions ... how?
- To: Rabbe Fogelholm <eubrafo at operamail dot com>
- Subject: Re: Scripting FTP transactions ... how?
- From: Heinz-Juergen Oertel <oe at port dot de>
- Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 14:11:59 +0200
- >Received: from ute.port.de (email@example.com [22.214.171.124])by ute.port.de (8.9.3/8.9.3/SuSE Linux 8.9.3-0.1) with ESMTP id OAA13623;Mon, 17 Apr 2000 14:11:59 +0200
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: port GmbH Germany
- References: <3916C503@operamail.com>
Rabbe Fogelholm wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have this seemingly trivial problem: I wish to do some FTP file transfers
> from within a Bourne shell script that runs on top of CygWin and Windows 9x.
> On Solaris, Linux etc I would use the plain old "ftp" command, possibly
> creating a .netrc file on-the-fly if needed. This does not seem to work
> at all with the Win32 FTP command. Furthermore, CygWin Tools does not
> contain an ftp command either.
do the same here.
I use the ftp client
and call it
/windows/ftp -s:script host
with script something like:
> I did look around for some shareware client, but without success so far.
> If I were doing only downloads (no uploads) I could get along with Lynx.
> However, I need a solution for the upload case as well.
> Any hints welcome! There ought to be a solution for a trivial problem
> like this, only I don't know in which direction to look.
> --Rabbe Fogelholm, Sollentuna, Sweden
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen
port GmbH phone +49 345 77755-0
Regensburger Str. 7c fax +49 345 77755-20
D-06132 Halle/Saale mailto:email@example.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org