Re: w2k problem with new release and autoconf and with reversion to old

On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 03:21:08PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>Tim Prince wrote:
>> I installed the new release by the [i] route, which takes
>> several hours using the utk mirror.  It appeared to be working,
>> but autoconf is broken when invoked from make. Does it require a
>> special environement setting?
>>
>>  I reverted laboriously to the old cygwin, which is working fine
>> for Administrator, but now /tmp and /bin aren't visible except
>> to Administrator.
>
>This is by design. There's a difference now between `user' mount
>points and `system' mount points. setup.exe creates all mount
>points as `user' mount points. For the purpose of creating
>`system' mount points, mount.exe has a new option `-s' now.

Hmm.  Should we change this?  It is no problem to make all of the
mounts that setup does system mounts.  It would require that you
have administrator privileges to run cygwin, though.

The autoconf problems are undoubtedly due to \r\n line endings.
The setup program mounts everything as binary mounts.

cgf