Re: cygwin: php4b2 & apache1.3.9

On Sat, Apr 22, 2000 at 11:51:13PM -0400, steve1800@iname.com wrote:
>I compiled the above and everthing was running
>very smoothly untill I attemped to use the
>php4 "Copy()" function.
>
>Copy() appears to copy the file, but it corupts the
>file in the proccess.

This is probably due to the file being opened in "text mode".
If the program is using fopen, then it needs to add a "b"
to the second argument, i.e.

fopen ("foo", "rb"); /* or */
fopen ("foo", "wb");

Without this, \n and CTRL-Z characters may cause odd things to
happen.

Christopher Faylor
Cygwin Engineering Manager (and developer)
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company