Disappearing keyboard echo

I used setup-1_43 to install the new netrelease from a local temp
directory, and everything seems to work fine, Except:

after running less (or info)  my local keyboard echo disappears.

I tried runing cygcheck -s -r -v before and after, and ran diff
(the latter cygcheck in diff in the blind).  The only difference was
the time.

I've still got B20.1 operational, with different mounts, and it seems
to be working OK .   (Echo doesn't go away after using less.)
Am using the same .bashrc for both.

Thanks,

John Velman
john.velman@hsc.com