Re: building gdb 4.18 w/ net cygwin 1.1.0

On Fri, 05 May 2000 17:00:05 -0700, you wrote:

>Hello there!
>
>I recently installed the latest net cygwin 1.1.0 and everything worked
>great except for gdb. When I run gdb the UI (Insight I guess) reports an
>internal gdb error and asks if I wish to continue. Continuing only
>results in a whole stream of such errors making gdb unusable.
>
>I then fetched the latest gdb-4.18 source from ftp.gnu.org and attempted
>to build it in
>the following manner (both done from the top level gdb-4.18 directory):
>
>./configure i686-pc-cygwin32
>make
>
>Now, i686-pc-cygwin32 is what is reported by ./config.guess and the
>configuration goes off without a hitch. However, the make chokes while
>compiling win32-nat.c with the following message:

You will find a patch in the attachment for your problems and also a
spec-file for rpm which will give you an idea about the steps I did to
build gdb (Which also works fine on Win2000)

One hint:

fetch the latest libtool from ftp.gnu.org and the use libtoolize
--copy --force to make configure detect i686-pc-cygwin

>I am running NT 4.0 SP6 and using a completely unmodified net cygwin
>package (just installed yesterday.) I have been able to build a number
>of other GNU packages with success.
>
>Any hints would be appreciated as I *really* need a debugger right about
>now. I did not include cygcheck -r -s -v due to its length but if anyone
>thinks it might be a config issue I would be glad to post it.
>
>Thanks and regards,
>Jay Bromley
>jaywb@pacbell.net

Hope that helps,