run time problems

Hello,

      I am installing Cygwin-B20 on a NT4 (SP5)
pentium machine. The installation goes through
flawlessly. However, when I run bash, it takes a very
long time to start up. After startup, bash runs almost
normally. "Almost" because some commands take a long
time to "return". A good example of such a cmd is
cygcheck -- I almost always have to kill the cmd. I
was running the previous release of cygwin on SP3 and
there I experienced no problems at all. It seems I do
have the latest cygwin-1.1.1 DLL. Are there any known
issues w/ SP5? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Right now the "load-up" time for bash is making it
unusable.

Thanks!
  -Srinivasa