Re: Can not config sshd

Tom Weichmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am having trouble setting up sshd.  I have followed the directions(
> I think) , but no luck.  I have installed ssl, and ssh. I have re-named
> sshd.exe to /usr/sbin/in.sshd.exe.  Then I added the following line
> to my inetd.conf:
>
> ssh     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/in.sshd in.sshd -i
  ^^^
  This should be `sshd' (common practice)

And you didn't tell one word about your change to your
services file. Did you add the sshd entry?

If not, inetd uses the first name in the line as the
services entry to search for. Only if inetd is able to
find that entry it knows which port to observe.

So you _must_ add a sshd line to your

NT:      ${WINDIR}/system32/drivers/etc/SERVICES
W2K:     ${WINDIR}/system32/drivers/etc/services
95/98:   ${WINDIR}/SERVICES

file:

	sshd		22/tcp

or, if you choose `ssh' for the inetd entry:

	ssh		22/tcp

Hope, that helps,
Corinna

--