This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
setup.exe doesn't work for me.
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: setup.exe doesn't work for me.
- From: Bret Comstock Waldow <bwaldow at compuserve dot com>
- Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 18:31:42 +1200
- References: <39359F5E.493FDDF0@compuserve.com> <200005312339.TAA15600@envy.delorie.com>
I have downloaded 'setup.exe' from both the Cygwin site and a mirror
site, and it doesn't work on my system. The program runs, it asks about
the path, but appends an error message about not being able to load
user32.dll. From then on, no matter whether I accept it's path, or
provide one, it then counts to 40 and tells me that it couldn't open the
ftp site, and exits.
What can I do?
Windows 95 OSR2 (user32.dll is present in the \windows\system
Toshiba Tecra 780CDM -- P II 266 CPU, 192 Mbytes RAM
dialup connection via ISP (works for everything else). I can download
files, use ftp, etc.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org