Memory access restrictions under cygwin NT ?

Hello,

I ran into weird behaviour of compiled programs that I ported from Linux
to cygwin. It seems like they cannot allocate as much space for arrays
as they would normally be able to do under Linux (both machines have
similar memory configuration - cygwin under NT has more virtual memory
space).

Is cygwin somehow restricted in accessing memory space under win NT ?

If not, sorry I've caused my problem.  :-)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Robert Rozman
rozman@fri.uni-lj.si