This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems with setup.exe
- To: jlarmour at redhat dot co dot uk
- Subject: Re: Problems with setup.exe
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 11:58:03 -0400
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <3935534C.8265.3ADB45@localhost> <200006011511.QAA21280@murgh.cygnus.co.uk>
> If you are doing a full setup, then it should be free to change the
> mount mode. But if you are doing an upgrade, i.e. "setup -u", then
> it shouldn't change anything beyond the upgraded packages. IMHO.
I'm not sure how it works in that case. It may not even ask for the
root directory. I'll have to check.
> Is there going to be a "setup --help" BTW? I'm not sure enough people
> know about the existence of "setup -u".
Setup now prints a message at startup telling the user about "setup
-h", which now prints help about all the command line parameters. I
added a "setup -d" which does a download-only (like internet install,
but without the install part).
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com