This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: New sed in latest
- To: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>, cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: New sed in latest
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 13:30:57 -0700 (PDT)
- Reply-To: earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com
--- Charles Wilson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> So, with the new sed behavior the following is no longer going to work,
No, not right.
> sed 's/^M//' $1
> Where the '^M' is generated by pressing CTRL-V, CTRL-M.
In text mode, it is the \n that terminates the read. If there is a \r
preceding the \n it will also be removed and the count read reduced by one. If
there is no preceding \r then the count returned is the number actually read.
Earnie Boyd: <mailto:email@example.com>
__Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
Cygwin Newbies: <http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>
__Minimalist GNU for Windows__
Mingw32 List: <http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32/>
Mingw Home: <http://www.mingw.org/>
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org