This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: New sed in latest
- To: "'cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com'" <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: New sed in latest
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 17:13:04 -0400
- References: <99B82AA9708ED0119B55006097125A00363EA9@ifk63.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 10:51:55PM +0200, Heribert Dahms wrote:
>what about something like CYGWIN=force_binary for those who need it?
>If you change od, I'd like that and/or --binary, since I routinely use
>od -c to check for \r.
I don't understand the question. I'm talking about *fixing* tools like 'od'
which do not always open their contents in binary mode as they should.
I'm not going to be sweeping through all of the tools provided with cygwin
and indiscriminately making them read their input in text mode.
od was probably a bad example since I don't know if it is broken or not.
The last time I checked, I thought it was, but I have just checked it and
it is working as expected.
So 'od' does not have to be touched. It correctly opens the file in binary
mode and accurately dumps the contents.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com